"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 364: Wedding plans

Today's Reading: Revelation 19-22

My daughter and I are huge romantics.

My daughter and I love weddings, or perhaps better said, we love to think about planning the perfect wedding.

We've thought about the perfect place decorated to the T.

We've thought about the perfect music and the musicians who would do the music justice.

We've thought about the perfect colors.

We've looked at dresses.

We've picked out tuxedoes.

We have a menu in mind and a place for the reception.

We've thought about the perfect day and hour.

We've even concocted the perfect bridegroom from a variety of our favorite leading men.

But none of this even begins to match the marvelous wedding we will be attending and being a part of in heaven: the wedding of Christ and the Church.

God is a bigger romantic than either my daughter or me.

And that is saying a whole lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment