"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 344: Giving our own account

Today's Reading: Romans 14-16

Is it just me, or is it easier for all of us to share another's downfalls than to share our own?

I don't know why it is, but when it comes to my "good" points, I think everyone else needs to meet them.

And when it comes to my weaknesses, I certainly downplay them, while exalting the weaknesses of my enemies to gain ground for myself.

What a mess.

Jesus didn't even need to point the finger at me when he said that thing about logs and splinters in eyes. The truth nails me to the wall.

Why is it so easy to judge others without keeping our own accounts clean?

Why is it so natural to dictate the actions of others without claiming our own?

Why do we nit pick at another person's weak wounds, hoping they will get infected, and try to put quick fix bandaids on our own?

I sometimes get so tired of myself and my ways, that I just want to spit!

My own books are a mess, my bed is unmade, my mood is often out of sorts, my intentions are often unlovely.

Maybe, my own house needs the cleaning, and not yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment