"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 337: Encouragement

Today's Reading: 2 Corinthians 1-4

I called my Dad
And asked him why
The pain had come--
Life gone awry
How come, I said,
all disappointment
all grief and sorrow.

The pause I knew
was pondering prayer
This wise old man
knew how to bear
sorrow, all which
was new to me.
I waited silently.

At last he said
"Read chapter one
of second Corinthians
and when you're done
give me a call
and we'll discuss
God precious word together."

The pain we face
is not for nought,
for in the struggle
our God is sought
and thus we learn
to help another
to hope for compassion.

It's sharing the gift
from one to another
It's bearing the load
of sister or brother
with knowledge not learned
without the trial
The lesson received by experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment