"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 340: Without excuse

Today's Reading: Acts 20:1-3; Romans 1-3

I have to admit.

I am a great excuse maker.

I can justify and rationalize any criticism sent my way.

I can defend even my most ridiculous choice.

This is very sad.

This is very true.

It is a huge problem for me.

My brother, Paul, says to the Romans and to me.

You know better, but you still make poor choices.

You know better, but you like your poor choices.

You know better, but you even brag about your poor choices.

You have forgotten how to blush.

And you know better.

So, he says, you are without an excuse.

You might want your mother or your father or your brother to write one up for you and pin it to your sweater to give to the principal...

You might even write up a fake one and forge a signature of the one who has power...

But bottom line, there will be no excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment