"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 359: Real Love

Today's Reading: 1 John

One day, I am going to know unconditional love.

And you will, too.

Until then, we have to deal with people deciding upon whether or not they love us based upon our looks, our temperament, our bad days, our production level, what we can give them or how they feel.

Pretty rotten, eh?

Problem is, we do the same thing.

The other day, in the airport, I saw a man, sloppy, dirty, unshaven and pimply. It was hard not to judge him as someone I devalued without even speaking to him. I decided I didn't want to know him. How shallow is that?

How I long to love unconditionally.

To not even have to correct my first impressions of judgment.

Until I fully realize God's unconditional love for me, I will never be able to love others.

And there are so many people who need love.

Me included.

A friend sent me this song which says it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgGUKWiw7Wk

As you listen to it, let us pray for more love today.

And tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment