"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, December 10, 2010

Day 334: Putting up with it all

Today's Reading: 1 Corinthians 9-11

A young mother was talking about how she and her husband played rock-paper-scizzors to determine who would change the really icky diaper of their one year old. A dad talked about the need to hang tight with his son who was going through a period of intense rebellion. A wizen pastor shared her sorrow over a congregation in conflict. Paul shares his willingness to lay down his "rights" in order to advance the gospel.

All of this makes me wonder what each of us is willing to endure for the sake of love. Love for God. Love for neighbor. How much lowering of self and sharing of truth are we willing to risk to advance the gospel? How much are we willing to move to the back row, out of the limelight of our own self love, for another's gain?

In my life, I wonder if I'm willing to serve my family more, share my wealth or home to the point of my own discomfort, put up with "bad behavior" in order to woo someone into the kingdom?

How many icky messes, rebellious moments and conflict must be endured before we reach God's kingdom goal?

This whole "putting on the mind of Christ" is always a greater challenge than I imagined it to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment