"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 263: Not might, not power

Today's Reading: Zechariah 1-7

I often think
it's up to me
to build and toil
to crank and oil
the cogs that move
my life around
that set the course
of days.

I often think
my might must grow
I must try harder
and learn to barter
in order that
my family's fed
and all is well
each day.

I often think
if I'd more power
to change the plans
if I'd more hands
more would get done
and order won
the way I run
this day.

But God breaks in
and says, No! No!
You foolish child
Your brain's gone wild
it's by my Spirit
mountains fall
and swords transform.
My day!

I often think
if I could rest
and be real still
and hear God's will
the world would change
and fall in place
Shalom would reign
this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment