"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 293: How long shall I put up with you?

Today's Reading: Matthew 17, Mark 9, Luke 9:28-62

Did you ever wonder what it was like for Jesus, the King of Heaven, the Creator of the World, the Ruler of the Universe, to deal on a minute by minute basis with people endowed with the "duh" factor?

Every word he shared, each teaching he gave, even his stories or blatant demonstrations of his glory were misunderstood and misinterpretted. It is no wonder he felt the impatience of a great scholar trying to tutor a dimwit.

It makes me wonder...how long will Jesus put up with me--with us--before he throws up his hands and says, "I'm done!"

Oh.

I guess he already did that.

He raised his hands. Nails kept them there. Until he proclaimed...

It is finished.

How long will Jesus put up with us?

Until the will of God is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment