"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 284: Come unto me

Today's Reading: Matthew 11

There is a pattern I am noticing. Have you noticed it too?

Jesus shows up in town and places and then people come to him.

Jesus rarely goes to people. People come to him.

Does that strike you as odd?

It does me.

Until I think about Jesus and how he does not force himself upon anyone.

God loves the World. God sends the Incarnation of God's self to the world. Jesus shows up and says, "Here I am. I'm standing in your midst. I'm knocking at your door. I'm here. Come to me. I will give you rest."

Are we weary? Yes, we are.
Are we heavy laden with cares, worries and concerns?
Yes, we are.

Jesus says, "Come to me and I will give you rest."

Ahhhh....

To me it is an amazing thing to rest with Jesus. The one who feeds me. Calms my storms. Heals my diseases. Forgives my sins.

Imagine what Jesus could do for you.

Jesus sends out the invitation. "Come!"

Get up right now and send your RSVP.

No comments:

Post a Comment