"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day 291: Because of the Crowd

Today's Reading: Matthew 15, Mark 7

Because of the crowd
will I miss Jesus?
Too tight they are around me
blocking my ability to be near
him.

I could climb a tree,
but what if I skin my knee
and experience pain?

I could call some friends to aid me,
but what if they shy
at my state?

I could join the crowd,
but what if I become their
associate, unclean sinner?

I could sneak in for just a touch,
but what if his robe is
just out of reach?

I could call out in my blind state,
but what if I am pushed aside
and silenced?

I could beg for help
but what if I am recognized
as the dog I am?

Because of the crowd
I almost missed Jesus.
I had many excuses.

But the yearning ace
trumped them all.

Hosanna!

No comments:

Post a Comment