"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 218: I Knew You

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 1-3

"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
Jeremiah 1:5

In my mind, I have an idea for a landscaping design which will set off perfectly a screened in porch which is also only real in my mind. I am hoping one day to sit on that porch on the chair, I also have in mind, and watch the world go by.

None of my designs are reality. The trees have not been bought, nor the plants. The stone and the paint have yet to be purchased. Even the furniture is still a dream, but in my mind I know it. Before it is actually formed, I know it, I have plans for it.

Can't you just see God doing the same thing? God says to Jeremiah, before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. To think that God plans and designs for each and everyone of us is a mysterious wonder.

Have you ever thought what it is for which you have been set apart? Perhaps it is for many great tasks. Perhaps it is for one moment. Perhaps you have been born to serve one lonely one, or to change the world.

No matter what it is, God knows, and God knows YOU.

And it doesn't matter whether you think you can do it, whether you are old enough, smart enough, wise enough, kind enough...none of this matters, for God is able to command any thing or any one into God's will.

I think this is exciting!

God what are your plans for me today?

No comments:

Post a Comment