"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 214: Morning Prayer

Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 32-33

PREPARING FOR ATTACK
for Mark, my gentle Warrior
2 Chronicles 32:1-8


Today...

Before my eyes open to Light
Not knowing what the day will bring
Whether peaceful tidings of a friend
Or arrows of the enemy

I invite Wisdom to be my guide,
I check my Living Water supply
I make sure the springs and streams
Are flowing toward me

I dare not waste this precious source
Of life, on things destructive.
I check for the weak areas in my life
And repair them quickly.

Broken places in my wall
Could allow a leak of bitterness
Or pride to sneak in.
Best patch them quickly and let them dry

And set, while setting up way high
An extra watch tower or two
So approaching evil can be spotted
Way before it comes knocking on my door.

How about a double wall?
My life and all the treasures of God
In me, are precious.
I dare not be frivolous for even a moment.

Now shield my heart with Righteousness
And fashion the Spirit's sword
Not only guard the outside places
But the precious inner core.

O Captain, may I hear your cry:
Be strong and courageous; do not fear!
I am greater with you in me
Than any foe that comes my way

Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment