"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 328: Abba, Father

Today's Reading: Galatians 4-6

Abba, Father,
I did not know
when I called you Daddy
it meant I no longer
held the place
of an ignorant child
unaware of her inheritance
but the place of
a daughter
with her eyes wide open
with a royal crown
on her brow.

Abba, Father,
I now know
when I call you Daddy
it means I forever
can throw away the status
of slave or servant
to the law of duty
and instead can
join in the household tradition
of serving and being
because I have grown
into full maturity in
love.

Abba, Father,
thank you for including me
in your will and testament
to receive this great
inheritance.
Teach me to be
a good steward of your love;
investing it
sharing it
delighting in
giving it away
and realizing
how much is continually
poured into
my account.

No comments:

Post a Comment