"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 304: My favorite parable!

Today's Reading: Matthew 20-21

What's your favorite parable? For many, the parable of the Prodigal Son gets top bid. Other's who love the twenty-third Psalm vote for the parable of the Good Shepherd. The parable of the workers in the vineyard is my very most favorite one of all.

To me as one who has "worked in the vineyard" since the early morning, it gives great hope and intense joy to think it is never too late here on this earth to turn to Jesus. What absolutely gorgeous grace!

Many get upset with this parable, as if working in the fields of the LORD was a labor not filled with joy. To me, being a Christian and walking with the LORD with the Holy Spirit to guide me has been the most abundant life I can imagine! Oh, that everyone could feel such contentment and joy their whole lives long.

And as far as heaven goes, I say, the more the merrier! Why would anyone who loves the LORD want to complain about more people receiving mercy, just like me. Grace is an amazing thing---the more Christ shares, the more there is.

So here's to the 9:00, Noon, 3:00, 6:00 and late evening entrants into the vineyard. I say, welcome, and pass them a glass of wine!

My Father says:
My house must be filled; Come in!
The table is spread; Come in!
You who are hungry for righteousness--Come in!

No comments:

Post a Comment