"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 129: The talk of fools

Today's Reading: Psalm 50, 53, 60, 75

The fool says in his heart,
"There is no God."
Psalm 53:1

Why is it, LORD,
that when fools talk
they sound so reasonable?

Their knowledge frightens me
and often leaves me silent
and afraid
to speak of truths
that are so deep.

Perhaps it is because of the depth
of truth
that there are no words
to describe
you
The Indescribable One.

You tell me
Knowledge puffs up
Love builds up

You tell me
Only a fool
argues with a fool

So what is my response
to those I love
who say
There is no God?

Should I allow your
speechless shouting heavens declare
and say that is good enough?

Should I keep my mouth
silent from praise
and dare the rocks to begin singing?

Should I step back
and let your birds and cattle
have center stage in the chorus?

Or should I risk
looking the fool myself
and speak foolishness to the ears of
the world

And yet,
utter the beautiful words
for those who are being
saved?

O, LORD,
Open my mouth...
And my lips shall speak forth
your praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment