"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

A seventh day poem: The broken record

Over and over and over again
The scratch
The broken place
The damage
Doesn't allow
The LP
The DVD
To continue the song
The story
To the end

I'm tired of being stuck
In the rut
In the jumbled pixels
That make no sense
That refuse to show me
The resolution
The finale
The consummation
Of my life

O God,
Lift the needle
And finish the song
Press the fast forward button
On the remote
And move me past this
Meaningless mess
To the neat
And ordered end

Where love conquers all
Where villains die
Where truth wins
Where confusion is all sorted out
And peace enters in

I don't want to be a broken record
Replaying, replaying, replaying
Until I have driven myself
And all around me
Into the ditch of insanity

1 comment: