"We must trust, though we seem alone, there are others walking with us."

Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

A 29th Day Poem

I sit
I wait

Sometimes
It is in a dark place
That is tossing on the waves
Of chaos
Of destruction
Of judgment

I walk
I tread

Sometimes
It is through a desert
That drains all my water
My fruitfulness
My sanity
My clarity

I huff
I puff

Sometimes
It is up a mountain
That requires my all
My strength
My courage
My sacrifice

I fall
I wail

Sometimes
It is in a pit
That robs my hope
My trust
My comfort
My dignity

And then

A dove brings
An olive branch

A night sky
Is filled with stars

An angel
Stays my hand

A family
Weeps in forgiveness

I remember
I hold on

Sometimes
It seems impossible
Yet I believe
God will bless
God will provide
God will come

No comments:

Post a Comment